The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies to all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What information we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, phone number, email address, payment details & horse/ pony details) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, compete customer surveys or participate in competitions.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide products and services, improve and personalise our service to you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services.
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS) about products, services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses which we have selected carefully (companies whose products are listed on www.equinehealthdirect.co.uk) may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you [insert details, eg complete our online order form for the first time].
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, or other businesses, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
We are certified to ISO 27001. This family of standards helps us manage your information and keep it safe and secure.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us.
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.